The Best Exercise for Losing Weight
I get asked all the time, “what is the best exercise for losing weight?”
- Lifting weights?
- Circuit training?
- Cross Fit?
Look down, there is your answer….WALKING!
Walking is the most effective way for shedding pounds & improving your health & fitness. And here is why:
- You don’t need to be fit to start.
- It’s completely free.
- You don’t need to join a gym.
- It can be done anytime & anywhere.
- Walking is low impact on the joints.
- Improves your mindset & self-esteem.
- Boosts your overall energy levels.
- Walking in the sun can naturally top up your vitamin D levels.
- Enhances your recovery between workouts.
- Easy & effective way to burn calories.
Whether you are a complete beginner or a regular gym goer, walking & it’s countless benefits can help you live more active & healthy life.
I recommend walking for 30 minutes a day most days, with the goal of walking between 8000-10000 steps per day. This can be done in one outing or can be split into 2×15 or 3×10 minute blocks throughout the day. In the morning before work, during your lunch break & after dinner in the evening. Find a way that fits into your lifestyle.