Top 5 Tips for All Day Energy
To get the most out of your body each day, it’s important you have enough energy to successfully perform your daily activities; work, parenting, school, gym, sport etc.
Below are my 5 top tips for all day energy that you can easily apply to your busy lifestyle to help boost your overall energy levels.
- Aim for 6-8 hours of sleep per night. This will help reduce stress levels & feelings of tiredness & you will be more capable of producing a higher standard of work.
- Avoid checking your phone: emails, social media, texts before bed or when you wake up in the morning. This will allow your brain & body to switch off from the outside world, helping you to fall asleep & wake up easier.
- If you sit at a desk all day, get up & move every hour. Walk somewhere, perform a stretch or an exercise for more energy. Walk over to the photocopier, stand up & stretch off your shoulders for 60s, perform a set of 50 bodyweight squats & then carry on with work. You will be amazed at what a little movement can do for your productivity.
- Eat healthy, avoid over eating, eat real food & limit refined sugar intake for sustained energy. Take your own meals/ snacks to work & have them to hand for when you feel your energy levels dipping. For lunches try; a homemade chicken salad wrap, or a ham, cheese & tomato baguette. For snacks try; a handful of mixed nuts & or a protein bar/shake, all of which are great for providing long lasting energy.
- Limit caffeine consumption throughout the day & avoid at night. Caffeine increases alertness & enhances reaction time & is best consumed in small amounts during the day. At night however, you want to wind down for a peaceful night sleep, for this reason I recommend having your last cuppa around dinner time 5/6pm at night.
Don’t just take my word for it, try it! Start by implementing just one of the above tips & you will instantly feel the benefits of having more sustained energy.